Translate

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Following the Santa Fe Trail

Sunday, I decided to start working on the new Santa Fe Trail GeoTour.  My wife and I have been finding the monuments along the SFT using a guidebook by Marc Simmons I bought at Philmont in '93.  Of course, I couldn't pass up the chance to waymark, also.  I found 14 geocaches and posted 7 waymarks on 19 pictures.
My first Little Library waymark - this is really a cool concept.

Trails West Sculpture
This used to be on the side of a Kansas Visitor Center - 
of course, the building was torn down as Kansas is 49th in tourism - 
(thanks, North Dakota!) it now stands in Lone Elm Park - 175th and Lone Elm

Trail Park in Baldwin City
The road in the background is an original segment of the Santa Fe Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment