Translate

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Waymarking in North and West Central Missouri

I made a trip on the 22nd of February to Laclede, Brookfield, Chillicothe, Carrollton, and DeWitt, Mo.  Final numbers appear to be 29 posted waymarks and 48 visits.  Highlights include:

Mormon Marker on a Flagpole in De Witt, Missouri.
I was not aware of the history of the Mormons being run out of this little town.

Laclede Covered Bridge
Only one of four left in Missouri - This is my second one visited!

Woodman marker in the Rose Hill Cemetery
This is one of the more elaborate early tree trunk WoW memorials
I have found.

Sometimes I get lucky - this is a common "slab" Woodman marker I posted.
I always try to check the internet when I get home to find out about the person.
Turns out that Albert Parker was a prominent banker in Brookfield!

No comments:

Post a Comment